Kamikoto knives are maintained by sharpening them with a whetstone.
The Toishi Whetstone features a coarser 1000 grit side for the initial sharpening, and a finer side with a 3000 grit for polishing and finishing the edge of the blade.
- Soak your whetstone in water for a minimum of ten minutes, or until bubbles no longer appear
2. Place the whetstone on its wooden stand on your countertop.
3. Start from the coarser 1000 grit side, holding your blade at a 15° degree angle. Slide the blade back and forth with moderate pressure at least 20 times, drawing back on the entire length of the blade.
4. Continue to dampen the whetstone as you sharpen.
5. Turn the whetstone around and continue with the finer 3000 grit side.
6. To complete the process, rinse and dry your knife.
Kamikoto has recently made bundle offers featuring the 1000/3000 Toishi Whetstone available on its website.